The Association shall have the following objectives:
- To be a central representative body to put the views of financial intermediaries to the FCA, BIS, Ministry of Justice (MoJ), HM Treasury, any successor bodies such as the Consumer Protection and Markets Authority (CPMA), the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and any other relevant Government body, trade or other associations or organisations which may impact on the operation of the financial services industry in the context of the provision of debt solutions by commercial or other providers.
- To work closely with trade association representing debt solution providers and with recognized professional bodies representing insolvency practitioners.
- To provide members with information to enable them to keep up to date with matters affecting the debt solutions industry, specifically with regard to making compliant referrals and introductions to licensed and competent debt solution providers.
- To promote a forum for the exchange of non-competitive information and best practices.
- To encourage members to deal with customers in a clear and transparent manner and to treat them fairly in accordance with the principles of TCF.